I just finished a huge mug of coffee and I am hyped but seriously I will probably pass out in bed in about 30 minutes because it’s freaking 4 am and I am still wide awake. I have issues, I know, moving on.. I have not been posting a lot, but like who cares right? I have lots in mind to write about, and honestly I have been writing a lot in my notebooks, yes notebooks. So, since the title I decided to give this post said that I should discuss the things I have been loving and the random stuff so here we go.
- Podcasts. You guys, where have hiding I been these past few months! I have recently discovered the magic of podcasts and have become obsessed ever since. I’ve even listened to a podcast about a criminal case for crying out loud! Recently I have been absolutely loving EarBiscuits on SounCloud and I have never been bored again. Podcasts are perfect companions when you travel or pack for travel or do your make up or cook dinner or whatever really! I put them on the background and go about doing stuff. I love listening to witty conversations. There are different podcasts for everyone from politics to cooking to life in general so I suggest people check it out. Oh, and thank you to the beautiful Estee Lalonde for sharing her love of podcasts which made me instantly hooked!
- BookTube. I have been binge reading (it’s a thing) book blogs for as long as I can remember. BUT, watching people talk about books has been liberating. I’m exaggerating but whatever. For years I have loved watching cooking and makeup channels and this year, THIS YEAR ONLY, I discovered BookTube! Like I said, what rock on earth have been hiding under! Right? For a book lover and for someone who could read my whole life out, this is like watching my life being explained by totally unfamiliar but lovely and smart people. Especially, I am in looove with the lovely Jen Campbell who is also the author of several books which I am in painful hopes of getting my hands on soon.
- Sam Hunt. *gushing* *gushing some more* Where do I start? I saw him first in The Ellen DeGeneres Show perform Take Your Time which by the way has an awesome music video. You know that feeling when you hear a song and you immediately think ‘I NEED THAT SONG IN MY LIFE?’ Yup, that happened. And so YouTube supplied my obsession with a multitude of videos on his songs and vlog-ish type videos about him and I think my heart melted. Exaggerations, I know. But I guess there is just something about his charm of not fitting in the usual singer-dude profile his man-ish charm that when he sings you just swoon. It doesn’t help that he also writes songs not only for himself but for other country artists as well. I wouldn’t say his music is the typical country singer. He experiments with sounds and different genres which gives his music beautiful layers and a unique sound. As I am typing his song Break Up In A Small Town keeps playing inside my head as it has for the past two days. I know. I’ll stop now.
- Girly Stuff. WHAT?!?!?! Okay, I’m not turning into Elle Woods (which isn’t bad in any way, I love her in fact). I mean, I’m 24, and I have only started realizing that you know, why not try looking like a proper lady most days when I turned 23 y/o. Pretty late for society’s standards nowadays but hey, I enjoy staring at lady-ish bags on Instagram and dreaming of how in the world will I survive a whole day carrying that dainty thing.
- Losing weight. Now this is not new. I have tried several times but every single time I just find myself slowly spacing out and losing the initial motivation I had. Mostly because it’s more comfortable to eat than work out and count calories. HOWEVER, I find myself worrying about my health lately and I have always known that at some point I would have to do it for my own sake. I am trying to look at options weigh how things will benefit me with no bad effects on my health. I pray for these things like for everything else.
- BOOKS. I would have a library and a kitchen for a home if I could. I swoon over them, and I am thinking of downloading some eARC’s but I am still debating on them because I don’t now if I would have the time and will power to write reviews on a regular basis. I would to do it, but I have been the queen of procrastination lately. Issues. I’m trying to decide. At the moment I am reading a book that an author sent me and I was shocked would me belittling how I felt diving into it. Like, eyes popping out happened.
- Audio Books. I’m sorry, but I don’t really get it. It’s just not my cup of tea. I tried it, several times. But every time, I just get bored or my attentions gets stolen by another thing and I end up not knowing what the hell happened. Am I doing it wrong? tips? Was I choosing the wrong books? Help. I want to know why it has such a cult following and I think it is a genius idea.
- Coffee Shops. Have I talked about how I adore going to coffee shops? The coffee, the people, the conversations, writing, and other stuff. I’ll probably talk about it in another post. PROBABLY *wink*. Procrastination. Ugh.
Whew! That was a lot to say in one sitting. I seriously typed away and didn’t even stop to check what I wrote, so if you see wrong grammar or incoherent statements, you know, I beg for your understanding as I am about to pass out now. I missed doing this. I should do it more often. I have some books to review and I think I am regaining my mood for reviews so that is good. Thanks for reading and let me know what you think. 🙂